Beaver Day is fast approaching! This event (May 9, 2015) is a special opportunity for Scouts, Scouters and volunteers to come to Camp Minsi and participate in service projects to help us prepare the camp for another busy season of summer camp.
Be prepared! Below is a list of the projects currently planned for Beaver Day. Dress appropriately for the jobs – you may end up working in the dirt, clearing brush, or painting. If you have any special skills, tools, interests or expertise that could help with any of these projects, please be sure to let us know so we can connect you with the right project.Beaver Day 2015 Project List:
- Set-up all campsite tents and cots.
- Set-up all campsite and program area canopies.
- Clean up the Fire Circle (rake around benches, dig out fire pits, etc.).
- Clean up around the Winter Tents.
- Clean up and cut back brush around the dumpsters.
- De-winterize the Waterfront pavilion and store walls for the summer.
- De-winterize the Handicraft lodge.
- Spread stone in the area in front of Handicraft.
- Build new tent platforms for the CIT site and ScoutCraft.
- Repaint the outside of the Ad-Pad.
- Repaint the Rifle pavilion and touch up the trim on the Shotgun pavilion.
- Clear and cutback the trail from Rifle to Shotgun.
- Spread stone on the trail from Rifle to Shotgun.
- Remove the brush pile at Shooting Sports.
- Clean dry storage, chemical storage and bathroom in the back of the kitchen.
- Build and install the final doors on the changing stations at Waterfront.
- Finish installation of the new windows on Camp Director’s Cabin.
- Install new emergency sirens on the water tower.
- Install pex lines in the Trading Post.
- Run electric for dishwashing machine in the Trading Post.
- Install solar lighting at Rifle Range.
- Build blind at Shotgun Range to protect thrower.
- Repair broken bench at Rifle.
- Patch the long crack in Rifle pavilion’s concreate floor.
- Chainsaw work around camp.
- Split and stack firewood.
- Rake around all buildings, pull weeds, clean-up brush and clear central camp trails and roadways.
A continental breakfast and a cooked lunch on Saturday will be provided (free of charge) to all Beaver Day participants; and in the afternoon you will have an opportunity to explore camp and participate in some special open programs. We also hope that you plan on joining us for our 8th annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser in the Camp Minsi dining hall on Saturday evening (cost $7 per person).Beaver Day 2015 Schedule:
- 7:45AM - Morning Colors (Parade Field)
- 8:00AM - Continental Breakfast (Dining Hall)
- 8:30AM - Welcoming Remarks & Review Work Assignments (Dining Hall)
- 9:00AM - Work Projects Start
- 12:15PM - Lunch (Dining Hall)
- 1:00PM - Work Projects Resume
- 3:30PM - Program Areas Open Program Areas
- 5:45PM - Evening Colors / Retreat (Parade Field)
- 6:00PM - Venturing Crew 940 Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser ($7 per person)
For more information on any of the Beaver Day projects or to register your unit for the weekend or a specific project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!