Beaver Weekend 2012 is quickly approaching! This special event (May 11-13, 2011) is a special opportunity for Scouts, Scouters and volunteers to come to Camp Minsi and participate in service projects essential to preparing the camp for the busy summer camp season.
We hope that you are able to join us for a fun-filled weekend of service, fellowship, recreation, camping, and Scouting fun! Beaver Weekend truly is a great opportunity to get out, explore camp, and give back.
Below is a list of just some of the projects currently planned for Beaver Weekend 2012. Many of these jobs require specialized skills, equipment and planning – if you are interested in assisting with any of these projects, please contact Lisa Empfield (camp director) at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Leach (camp ranger) at email@example.com. You can register yourself or your unit for a project – this will help us be better prepared for you and the project crews.
This special event is completely free! If your unit wants to make a weekend out of the event, Camp Minsi will provide you with a site, tents, and cots. Even if your unit decides not to campout, you're still invited to come for the day on Saturday to participate in all the fellowship events, service projects, and other festivities. A complimentary lunch will be provided on Saturday for all who are participating in the day's service projects. In addition to the volunteer work, Scouts will have an opportunity to participate in several open programs on Saturday afternoon. On Saturday evening we will be hosting our 5th annual Spaghetti Dinner in the Dining Hall (cost is $7 per person). Hope to see you there!
Beaver Day 2012 Project List:
- Set up campsite canvas on frames
- Set-up and disperse campsite cots to individual tents
- Set-up campsite canopies
- Rake around buildings, clean-up brush and clear trails
- Level/clear nature trail
- Clean up and improve fire circle area.
- Framing, sheathing, electrical, and plumbing work on campmaster building
- Replace concrete section in Central Showers
- Construct storage shed under pavilion at shotgun range
- Repair/replace safety rails on First Bridge
- Remove and replace roof on site #1 latrine
- Install canoe racks at Waterfront
- Install roofing on site storage sheds (#7, 8 & 9)
- Construct new archery target stands
- Move the kiosk by the Dining Hall and Parade Field
- Remove winter walls from Handicraft and move sailboats to Waterfront
- Fill and level area around lifeguard tower on Platt's Point
- Replace broken/damaged boards on picninc tables
- Repair roof leaks
For more information on any of the Beaver Day projects or to sign-up to assist with them, please feel free to contact Lisa Empfield (camp director) at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Leach (camp ranger) at email@example.com.