Beaver Day is fast approaching! This event (Saturday, May 14, 2011) is a special opportunity for Scouts, Scouters and volunteers to come to Camp Minsi and participate in service projects essential to preparing the camp for yet another busy season of summer camp.
Beaver Weekend is always important, but this year it's more than ever! If you haven't heard, Minsi Trails Council has made significant investments to improve facilities and complete other vital projects at camp. There are a lot of projects that we need your help to complete! Specific projects include building storage sheds in Troop campsites; cleaning, painting and making improvements to the shower facilities; finishing renovations to our E-con Lodge, reestablishing our Waterfront area after the Stillwater Lake dam rehabilitation; setting up the Troop campsites; and completing work on numerous other projects throughout camp.
We hope that you are able to join us for a fun-filled weekend of service, fellowship, recreation, camping, and fun! Beaver Weekend is a great opportunity to get out, explore camp, and give back.
Below is a list of just some of the projects currently planned for Beaver Weekend 2011. Many of these jobs require specialized skills, equipment and planning – if you are interested in assisting with any of these projects, please contact Todd Heyn, Director of Support Services at 610-465-8576 or email@example.com. You can register yourself or your unit for a project – this will help us be better prepared for you and the project crews.
Lunch on Saturday will be provided (free of charge) to all Beaver Day participants; and in the afternoon you will have an opportunity to explore camp and participate in special open programs. We also hope that you join us for our 4th Annual Spaghetti Dinner in the Camp Minsi dining hall for a delicious meal and great Scout fellowship. And even if your unit decides not to make a weekend out of the event, you are still invited to come up just for the day on Saturday to participate in all the fellowship and service projects.
Hope to see you all there!
Beaver Day 2011 Project List:
- Set up campsite canvas on frames
- Set-up and disperse campsite cots to individual tents
- Clean-up brush and clear trails
- Repair picnic tables
- Electrical upgrades and work at Ad-Pad and Maintenance Shop
- Framing, sheathing, electrical, plumbing and roofing at Campmaster Building
- Replace concrete section at Central Showers
- Install metal roofing on new addition of E-con Lodge
- Paint new siding on Econ Lodge
- Landscaping and install signage at entry way
- Replace siding on one wall of Handicraft Lodge
- Paint interior of Health Lodge
- Replace kitchen gutters
- Clear brush to establish River Trails Campsite
- Shed Construction
- Finish perlins, install roof, and build storage area on Shotgun Pavilion
- Storage area creation at the Trail to Adventure Pavilion
- Reinstall Waterfront fencing, racks, and other items after the dam rehabilitation
- Paint exterior and repair window trim of Weytrex Cabin
For more information on any of the Beaver Day projects or to sign-up to assist with them, please feel free to contact Todd Heyn, Director of Support Services, at 610-465-8576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.