Are you tired of doing the same old routine? Did you know that Camp Minsi offers exciting opportunities in a variety of summer camp staff positions? Being on camp staff provides a unique and exciting outdoor work experience. Staff applications are now being accepted for summer camp 2011! You can fill yours out today at www.campminsi.org.
Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends with Scouts from your area, other states, and even other countries.
- To share your skills, talents and knowledge with others.
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails.
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime.
- To be a key part of an effective team.
- To build and apply leadership skills.
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges.
- To work with youth and adults of all ages.
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all).
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received.
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Law.
- To be paid (and receive food and lodging) in return for something challenging and fun.
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility.
- To have a lot of fun!
National standards require that all paid Scout camp staff members be at least 15 years of age. The Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer that hires both females and males, as well as people of all ages and ethnic groups, diverse cultures, and abilities. Staff members must be, or become, registered members of the Boy Scouts of America. Salaries are based on position responsibility with consideration given to the individual's qualifications and experience.
Camp Minsi also offers an outstanding Councilor in Training (CIT) program designed for Scouts ages 14 and older. The program helps prepare Scouts that may be interested in serving on staff in the future with experience, service, excitement and leadership training. The program is 100% free and allows Scouts to get a taste of what it's like to be a summer camp staffer. The program gives Scouts a taste of what it is like to being a member of the Camp Minsi staff.
Interested applicants can complete the online staff application located at CampMinsi.org. For more information regarding summer camp staff, how to apply, or for information on current or anticipated openings, feel free to contact us.