Beaver Day is fast approaching! This event (May 8, 2010) is a special opportunity for Scouts, Scouters and volunteers to come to Camp Minsi and participate in service projects essential to preparing the camp for another busy season of summer camp.
We hope that you are able to join us for a fun-filled weekend of service, fellowship, recreation, camping, and fun! Bring your troop, your patrol, your friends, or your family. Beaver weekend is a great oppertunity to get out, explore camp, and give back.
Be prepared! Below is a list of some of the projects currently planned for Beaver Day. Dress appropriately for the jobs and the weather. If you have any special skills, tools, interests or expertise that could help with any of these projects, please be sure to bring them and let us know.
Lunch on Saturday will be provided (free of charge) to all Beaver Day participants; and in the afternoon you will have an opportunity to explore camp and participate in special open programs. We also hope that you plan on joining us for our annual spaghetti dinner in the Camp Minsi dining hall for a delicious meal and great Scout fellowship.
For more information on any of the Beaver Day projects, please feel free to contact us (email CampMinsiCD@yahoo.com). Hope to see you there!
2010 Camp Minsi Beaver Day Projects:
- Set up all campsite canvas on frames
- Disperse campsite cots to individual tents
- De-winterize Ecology Lodge
- De-winterize Handicraft Lodge
- Move sailboats to Waterfront
- Replace Health Lodge porch roof
- Clean kitchen and paint dividing wall
- Refurbish hand-crank ice cream makers
- Disassemble and store wood donations (2 locations)
- Start construction of Shotgun pavilion (Crew 1928)
- Paint fuel storage tanks
- Repair cots
- Assemble large tent in parking lot
- Install light pole at maintenance shop
- Finish electrical work in staff site
- Finish electrical work in Trading Post
- Repair roof leaks (Trading Post, Staff Cabin, Central Showers)
- Replace roof on last bay of maintenance shop (wood storage area)
- Clean-up brush and clear trails
- Camp-wide clean-up