Beaver Day is fast approaching! This event (May 17, 2014) is a special opportunity for Scouts, Scouters and volunteers to come to Camp Minsi and participate in service projects to help prepare the camp for another busy season of summer camp.
Be prepared! Below is a list of many of the projects currently planned for Beaver Day. Dress appropriately for the jobs – you may end up working in the dirt, clearing brush, or painting. If you have any special skills, tools, interests or expertise that could help with any of these projects, please be sure to let us know.
Lunch on Saturday will be provided (free of charge) to all Beaver Day participants; and in the afternoon you will have an opportunity to explore camp and participate in special open programs. We also hope that you plan on joining us for our 7th annual spaghetti dinner in the Camp Minsi dining hall on Saturday evening (cost $7 per person).
We hope to see you there!
Beaver Day 2014 Project List:
- Set-up campsite canvas on frames.
- Set-up and disperse campsite cots to individual tents.
- Set-up campsite canopies.
- Spread sand at Waterfront from beach to pavilion and up to latrine area.
- Spread stone on trail in front of ScoutCraft (from Fire Circle to Ad-pad).
- Clean-up area behind the Dining Hall – re-spreads stone, clean up brush and logs across the road from the shower house, fix up area where ditch was dug, clean up around the dumpsters.
- Remove winter walls from Handicraft and store for the summer.
- Remove winter walls from Waterfront Pavilion and store for the summer.
- Finish painting backside of the Trail to Adventure pavilion.
- Apply second coat of paint to inside of Central Showers.
- Construct seating/tables for Shotgun pavilion.
- Construct changing station at Waterfront.
- Perform road repairs to fix pot holes on Service Road (parking lot to Shooting Sports) and Outer Circle Road.
- Clean-up fire circle area – rake around benches, dig out fire pits, etc.
- Rake around buildings, clean-up brush and clear central camp trails and roadways.
- Remove old boats along the trail to the ice house.
For more information on any of the Beaver Day projects or to register your unit for the weekend or a project, please feel contact us at email@example.com or call Minsi Trails Council's Director of Camping, Paul Oswald, at 610-465-8576.